One of my “blog” goals is to insert more of me into my blog – yes, the reviews and the blitzes and the giveaways and the round ups are all fun, but it’s my blog and I don’t think there’s a lot of me in the blog… so, I’m going to post semi-regular personal posts, like I’ve done once or twice before…
So without further ado..
Ten Things I’m Loving Right Now:
- the whole Harry Potter franchise. I’ve been really enjoying re-reading the books, and I’m hoping to start re-watching the movies in order, too. I’ve seen all the movies a zillion times, but I haven’t ever watched more than two of them in a row. I’m hoping to re-watch the series in a couple of big chunks/movie marathons, to really re-live the magic
- In any list of things I love, I always have to include Modern Family. I LOVE LOVE that show!
- Wedge. With all of his health issues lately, he’s such a trooper and a cutie
- Evening primrose! I know, usually when people make round-ups like this, they talk about movies, tv shows, books, fun things, but seriously, Evening primrose has changed my life! It’s a supplement/herb, and it helps with hot flashes. I’m only 40, but I’ve been having wicked flashes and I’ve even passed out a couple of times from them, but the evening primrose has made a HUGE difference, I’m not nearly as dizzy when I have a bad hot flash now, and I can actual function again.
- Kombucha. Again, I know, it’s a health issue on what should be a fun round up, but since I started making my own kombucha and drinking more kombucha & other probiotic drinks, it’s been a big game changer for my health, both mental and physical. (I haven’t been as sick, so I’m not as depressed, which means I actually get up and move and do things, which means I’m even less depressed!)
- My new, large size Happy Planner. Yup, I’m a planner girl, and I’m hoping to start doing a once a month planner related feature on the blog, because I’m an obsessed planner girl and I LOVE my larger-sized Happy Planner even more than I love the original size! I finally have “planner peace” – having a separate blog planner from my personal planner did NOT work for me, and having a larger planner means it’s big enough to combine not only my blog stuff and my personal stuff, but I also have room to include my Etsy shop stuff as well.
- the music of John Williams. I’ve always loved him as a composer, and I’ve always especially enjoyed playing his music in band, but lately I’ve been just extra appreciative of his music and I’ve been listening to nothing but his soundtracks the last couple of months.
- My iphone. Technology is wonderful, and I’ll site two recent examples I’m especially grateful for. I’ve been having melt-down’s lately, and it’s been super nice to just send off a quick text to a friend just to say hi, to know there’s someone out there that cares, even if I’m out and about. I was super grateful to be able to see Wedge on video after his surgery, when I was at work and hubby was home with him. I was so stressed out and worried over him, and seeing him on video made me really see he was OK, like no amount of over-the-phone talk was going to do.
- crocheting cowls. I’m an avid knit and crocheter, I’m a professional designer & teacher as well, but I’ve taken most of the past 18 months off from designing and teaching (and haven’t been doing as much personal craft stuff, either). I’ve been really digging making simple infinity scarves, and of course they are just so much fun to wear
- I’ll get religious for a second, and just say I really am appreciating God, my church, and my church family