It’s definitely that time of the year where a ton of people are posting reading challenges. I’ve been heavily musing/thinking/obsessing over which challenges I want to do next year.
This year, one of the challenges I signed up for was a library challenge. I live at the library, so why did I think this was going to be a challenge? Why did I even sign up? (well, honestly I wanted a challenge that would be easy to complete, but why bother? What’s the point??) So I learned I really want my challenges to be, duh, challenges.
I’m definitely going to continue with classics challenges. I really want to continue reading more classics, but it’s a challenge for me to actually read and FINISH them… so, I definitely am adding a classics challenge to the list.
I love listening to audiobooks but listening to them has really, really dropped, so I’m definitely doing one of those next year.
Other than that, I have NO idea what I’m going to do. I’m excited to see what 2017 will bring, as 2016 kind of ended up a crappy year.
But on that note, one thing I AM definitely planning on doing, is the 2017 #bookishresolutions! I’m super excited to sign up for this, as it’s really forced me to think ahead about what my goals and challenges for the coming year should be.
I’m sure I’m going to add to this list, but so far, I’ve come up with…
- Visit 5 blogs & write meaningful comments, once a week
- Continue reading favorite blogs frequently (shooting for daily)
- Update blog stats at least quarterly
- Actually participate & link up in memes (Sunday Post/Tuesday Task It – I’m great at writing them, horrible at the link up/visiting other blogs part)
- Post meal plan weekly (for accountability purposes, still musing on this)
- Check broken links quarterly (broken link checker plugin)
- Update blog graphics (try using canva)
- Declutter and update sidebar quarterly
- Reapply as an amazon affliate
- sign up for other book affiliate
- add link to nosegraze/affiliate
- advertise my new facebook group on blog (monthly?)
- add library thing first to read button to sidebar
- join influenster? blogger network or other blogger network?
- 100 books in a year minimum (thinking of actually going for 120)
- netgalley to 80% (update here what current percentage is)
- participate in at least 3 readathons – host a challenge on blog for one of them – actually read, post links to reviews, visit at least 5 other participating blogs for each of the readathons
- MORE audiobooks! Let’s shoot for one/month
- read 12 classics (classics defined as 30 years or older)
- read 12 actual, physical books I own
- Finish Little House series
- Join gym (I actually JUST joined last night)
- go to gym 20 minutes / 3 times a week (we’ve never gone to a gym before, so I’m keeping this easy so we’ll actually do it)
- is there a book blog walking group? I seem to remember seeing something about that…
- cook one new recipe once a month
- continue faith planning
- continue meal planning
- practice lettering once a week
- either color or zentangle once a week
- TRY to stretch DAILY even for five minutes!!
- continue trying to remember to text your friends once a week, minimum, even just to say hi. Friends are important!
- get back on track with recording movies we’ve watched. I wrote a couple posts on the blog all year, let’s get back on track.