I’m so excited to start signing up for my challenges for next year, after a LOT of thinking about it! I really focused on what I hoped to accomplish with my reading this year, and signed up for challenges that went along with my goals, instead of my usual “Oh that sounds like fun!” sign up method. You can see my goals in the #bookishresolutions post (link below), but a big part of that is changing the blog up to show more of “me” and less of the book promos and reviews. We’ll see if it works any better!
2017 Reading Challenges
- As previously mentioned, I signed up for #bookishresolutions
- I hope that this will help inspire me to write more bookish posts in general, instead of reviews and promos and giveaways all the time.
- 2017 Reading Assignment Challenge #2017hw (full list to come)
- The Audiobook Challenge! I’m hoping to read 12 audiobooks.
- Read Your Bookshelf Challenge – I’m super excited about this one. There are similar challenges out there, but they never really got me excited and didn’t really sound like a good fit for me, but this one really caught my eye. I still need to pick my book, which is going to be hard because my “books to be read” are all mixed up with “favorites I’m keeping”, and I want to stick to new reads only for this challenge.
Current Ongoing Challenges
- Read All the Books – I had previously agreed to read Piers Anthony, but I have officially dropped that idea for various reasons, which I’ve discussed in various reviews. I’m seriously thinking of working on Stephen King, but Robert Heinlein is a strong contender. I will make a decision by January 1.
- Classics Club challenge – read 50 classic books in 5 years or less, classic being a book 30 years or older
(and while I have your attention, a quick plug for my Facebook group I created, called Authors & Bloggers Help Each Other Out- Yes, I know catchy name eh?)
- Description of the group: A place for authors to look for help promoting their books, especially sign ups for blog tours, blitzes, and Reviews.This is not a place for you to advertise your book sale or post your latest (non group) review, but a place for you to get bloggers’ help with advertising your book.Bloggers, feel free to post your author related services, or share your posts about an author who is in the group.
Please, all genres BUT romance/erotica – there are TONS of other groups out there that cater to those genres, but I haven’t seen any groups that focus on everything else.