What I’m Watching on TV
As part of my goal/resolution to bring more of “me” into the blog, I bring you… what I’m watching on TV…
Let me start by saying, we don’t have cable, so watch our TV mostly through Hulu, CBS Access, and occasionally through a website, and stream using Chromecast or whatever that awesome little doo-dad is called.
- This Is Us. We came a little late to the This is Us party, and I am LOVING it! Hubby is watching it with me, but I don’t think he’s quite as love with the show as I am. We have two more episodes to watch, and then we are caught up.
- Modern Family is ALWAYS on any list when I’m talking about TV or favorites or what I’m up to right now. I adore that show. It’s definitely my favorite show, and has been for at least a year. It’s my comfort thing. When I have a bad day, I put on an episode. When I’m sick, I binge watch one of the seasons I own on DVD. If I’m stressed, I reach for a season I don’t own at the library. A new episode is the highlight of most of my weeks! LOL
- I also enjoy watching the Middle, but Frankie, the mom, is really, really bothering me. People just don’t act that way in real life, she’s acting stupider and crazier each and every episode, and the storylines are more and more out-of-this-world. (Spoiler) like Axl getting married & getting an annualment by the end of the episode? Real world doesn’t work that way. What was the point of that episode??
- Rizzoli & Isles. We never watched the show when it was on the air, and as a matter of fact, a few years ago we tried watching a couple of episodes & didn’t particularly love it – we liked it, but not enough to watch it. Now we are enjoying it, though my personal pet peeve is that Rizzoli is always, always the boss/lead detective, even though her ex-partner, who’s older & obviously is senior, is always hanging around, and Rizzoli tells HIM what to do. And she always somehow drags her brother in, without ever having to check with HIS boss? Not that I know how the police work, because I don’t, but I would think the senior cop would be in charge, and I would’ve thought that you would have to check with someone before just grabbing another cop to do your dirty work. I know, I know, it’s not meant to be realistic, but it is a “real” life show! I want my fantasy to be fantastical, and my history to be accurate, and my real life dramas to be actually based upon reality!
- Fuller House. We are doling out the new episodes, one a week, like we’d watch if it was on regular TV. For nostalgia it’s great, but if I was newly watching the show, I don’t think I’d watch it. Too much of the show bothers me, and the funny stuff just isn’t funny. People don’t act like that in real life (see comments above). We just watched the second episode with Alan Thicke, and it was great seeing him on the show, especially since he so recently passed away.
- White Rabbit Project, also on netflix. We’re doling out these episodes, too. I don’t like this nearly as much as Mythbusters, but it’s great to see the build team back.
- the Crown, yes we are savoring each episode, and watching them only once every couple of weeks. Hubby is actually watching this one, and is enjoying it. He HATES history normally, so we keep pausing the show because he’s confused about alot of the stuff so I’ll have to explain stuff, and because I’m a super history geek, I keep fact checking all the episodes and keep telling him what the show got wrong, but it’s just such a fabulous show.