How was your December?
Mine was plagued with some health issues – I got the stomach bug, a pretty nasty one, the same exact weekend as two of my bell concerts. Managed to get through both of them, though I immediately spent some quality bathroom time immediately after the first one… Then I developed a UTI, then I got a bad chest cold that STILL hasn’t let up on me, on top of a sinus infection…
In between, we’ve had the usual holiday events to attend to, my dad’s birthday on December 20, and my FIL’s was yesterday. It’s a really busy time of year for everyone, but with the added birthdays it adds a bit of a stress to our lives… Luckily hubby is grand, helped me with all the wrapping, has gone out & bought the few gift cards we give, helped drop off gifts, etc. He’s a peach. 🙂
Our Christmas was nice, though unfortunately I slept through half of it because I was so sick… but it was nice to get together with family and get caught up.
Let’s see, in blog news… well, not much has happened. If you were really paying attention, you’ll have noticed a few blog posts went live, that weren’t ready to go live… whoops… No more Tuesday Task It’s, no more Sunday posts for the rest of the year. I haven’t been reading, and I really, really need to get my act together because I have a TON of reviews due in January, 7 that I can think of off the top of my head. There’s a ton of really awesome blog tours coming out in January, and I’ve been madly resisting them all… I need to spend January catching up on those reviews. That being said, if any authors out there would like to do a guest post, please contact me!
As far as personal stuff is concerned, hubby & I joined a gym! A Planet Fitness opened up less than 3 miles from our apartment. We’ve been talking about joining one for so long, but they are so expensive & there was never one with convenient hours or a convenient location near us. We’ve been managing to go regularly, though I’ll be honest with you, 75% of the time we’re only working out for 20 minutes. We’re considering that a win though, because that’s a whole heck of a lot better than nothing!
I’ve also been madly, madly daydreaming and planning about a new planner set up for 2017. My current planner (the BIG MAMBI happy planner) ends in May. It was supposed to run through 2017, but I repurposed the second half of the year to use early/for other projects, so after May, I’m planner less. I love the big HP, but there’s a few issues I have with it. One, it’s not portable. Two, there’s very little in the way of planner goodies/accessories/printables/stickers for it – there’s more coming out every day, but nothing like with the other, more popular planners. And three, there’s not a huge community for the large HP like there is for other planners. Do these things matter? Well, they shouldn’t, but I’ve discovered over the last few months that they actually DO matter to me. The regular sized HP was never quite big enough for me, so I’ve been musing about how I can go down to that size, but still track everything I need/want to track, without using fifteen planners. I think I’ve come up with a plan, so we’ll see.
Read and Reviewed:
- [1 Dec] Being a Green Mother by Piers Anthony ★★★★
- [5 Dec] The School of Second Chances by Elaine White
- [5 Dec] The Lost and Lonely (Evanders School for Enchanted Personage) by Elaine White
- [7 Dec] S.H.A.Y. by Christina Leigh Pritchard ★★★★
- [8 Dec] Club Dead by Charlaine Harris ★★★★
- [10 Dec] The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
- [12 Dec] The Acid Bath Murderer: A Terrifying True Story of one of the Worst British Serial Killers (True Crime Serial Killers) by Jack Rosewood, Rebecca Lo ★★★
- [14 Dec] The Secret Bride by Diane Haeger
- [15 Dec] The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton ★★★
- [16 Dec] The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder, Garth Williams ★★★★
- [17 Dec] The Maze Runner by James Dashner ★★★½
- [18 Dec] PATHOGENS: An Interactive Zombie Survival Gamebook (Click Your Poison) by James Schannep ★★★★
- [19 Dec] Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore
- [20 Dec] Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes ★★★★★
- [22 Dec] Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton ★★★★
I also blogged about:
- [2 Dec] Challenge Update
- [3 Dec] November Recap
- [4 Dec] Sunday Post
- [5 Dec] Spine Chillers book promo
- [7 Dec] 2017 #bookishresolutions
- [17 Dec] 2017 Challenges
- [17 Dec] 7 TV shows I’m watching right now
- [21 Dec] Special Guest Post from Wendy Terrien
- [22 Dec] Special Guest Post from Sue Duff, YA author
- [24 Dec] Blog Break
- [25 Dec] Happy Holidays