I received this book for free from in exchange for my honest opinions/ review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.
So how are we guys? I’m doing OK. I’m still dealing with a lot of health issues – nothing terribly serious, just stuff I have to deal with. My lyme disease has been kicking my butt (I’ve had chronic lyme for 2.5 years now), and I was diagnosed with chronic EBV as well (and apparantly it’s been an issue for about a year now, but it slipped through multiple blood tests, and my doctor only recently realized that THAT was the issue. Sigh.)
But, the good news for you, faithful reader, is that I’ve been reading a TON – being sick in bed will do that to a gal – so there are TONS of upcoming reviews! I’m going to cheat with my editorial calendar a bit and post some extra reviews in the upcoming weeks, because otherwise it’ll take me way, way too long to get caught up with the backlog of reviews.
Last Week on the Blog:
- [10 Jan] new books received
- [11 Jan] Read This – book review round up and giveaway
- [11 Jan] Bout of Books – readathon wrap up
- [12 Jan] Henchgirl by Rita Stradling ★★★★★
- [12 Jan] The Cave by Michela Montgomery ★★★★
- [13 Jan] The Running Game Cover Reveal
- [13 Jan] Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder, Garth Williams ★★★★★
- [14 Jan] Crochet Mandalas by Marinke Slump, Anita Mundt ★★★★
- [15 Jan] the Lost Heir blitz/giveaway
- [16 Jan] interview with M. K. Wiseman, author of The Bookminder
New Books Received:
I’m trying very, very hard NOT to accept any new books to read and review, but let’s face it… I’m weak.
Somewhere in my place, I received a new ARC this past week… it promptly got lost in the graveyard that is my piles of books… I’ve been so sick lately, that cleaning and organizing has definitely fallen to the wayside…
I did request from a publishing company one book this week – I try very hard to support the military (regardless of my political views, I do believe in supporting the military, especially our veterans who come back wounded), so I HAD to request:
I also accepted from the author two books in a series that sounds like too much fun to resist:
Six of One: A Tudor Riff
Seven Will Out: A Renaissance Revel