The end of 2016/beginning of this year, I signed up for a ton of reading challenges. Well, this year has been a real struggle for me in terms of health, which vastly affected my mental health/energy level. We are obviously just past the halfway mark, and I’ve made the decision to basically give up on most of the reading challenges this year. I could either halfheartedly try to complete them all, reading a few books in each challenge – or, concentrate on a few, and do well with them.
So, I’ve decided to concentrate on the Read all the Books Challenge (an ongoing challenge to read all the books by a certain author; I originally picked Piers Anthony, and when I couldn’t deal with his sexism anymore, I switched to Stephen King), my audiobooks challenge – I think my original goal was to listen to 10 for the year, but I haven’t listened to ONE. My current goal is to just try to listen to one a month for the rest of the year, and to continue with my ongoing classics challenge, of reading 50 classic books in 5 years- mainly concentrating on classic kid’s / young adult fiction (like rereading the Little House series, which was so much fun, and I strongly recommend you do the same!).
And, in going through my previous posts, I realized I have yet to do one challenge update post ALL year… so clearly, dropping challenges is a GOOD idea. LOL
So, let’s call this a mid-year challenge update post, shall we?
- These Happy Golden Years (LH #8)
- These First Four Years (LH #9)
- Charlotte’s Web
- Beezus & Ramona (Ramona #1)
Read all the Books
- Under the Dome
- started rereading the Stand for the tenth time, started reading It for the second time… yup, not good. I did buy – in preparation for getting ready for surgery – about twenty S.K. paperbacks for a quarter each at a yard sale, but haven’t picked up one
- started several, all by Stephen King in the hopes of multitasking, but never got beyond the first few chapters