This was supposed to be a new, semi regular feature on Rambling Reviews, to put more of ME into the blog. It’s hard to let some of your own personality shine through in a book blog, I think.
So, in no particular order, in honor of Thanksgiving Day, ten things I’m Loving Right now
- Reading. Well, yes, I know, DUH, but I’m really enjoying the QUIET that happens while reading right now. Actual, physical quiet, but also the quiet in my own mind, letting things go, enjoying the NOW.
- Wedge’s health has stabilized, for now. Wedge is our cat, our furbaby, our beloved child. I don’t talk about him much, but he’s had a really rocky health history, but he’s stabilized for now. He has a very painful mouth condition, which was supposed to be fixed by surgery, but the surgery didn’t work, so he’s on steriods, which causes him to have diabetes. And the diabetic food he’s on, flares up his food allergies. So he’s currently eating a mix of diabetic food along with a hypoallergic food, which seems to be working. I wish we could cut back on the steriods, as that will shorten his life long term, however, he can’t eat if his mouth hurts
- I’m really enjoying the new television show, This is Us. Hubby’s watching it with me, though I don’t think he likes it quite as much as I do. It’s definitely just different from what we usually watch, which is why I think I like it so much. Modern Family is definitely still one of my favorite shows as well, and the new show Timeless is getting up there, too. We don’t have cable, but watch TV via Hulu, Netflix, the CBS streaming app (so we can watch NCIS live on Tuesday’s), and a few apps with our chromecast stick.
- Pokemon Go! Yes, we are still playing, though we are nowhere near as active as we were over the summer. I love the fact that it motivates us to get up and go for a walk, even in the winter. Hubby’s still at level 21 & I’m almost on 23.
- The mild November weather… we’ve had a few days in the 60’s, but mostly weather in the 40’s & 50’s. This means it’s still warm enough to enjoy the outdoors!
- Playing bells with a local bell choir, especially getting to be better friends with Tanya, who asked me to join the choir
- My planner collection 🙂 I’m a plannergirl, and a big Mambi Happy Planner girl specifically. I use the Big/letter sized Happy Planner as my catch-all, plan everything, but stays at home with me planner. I use the mini for planning on the go. I use a regular as my faith planner, and won a second regular sized planner that starts in 2017, that’ll most likely end up as a blog planner, maybe? I’m currently using a monthly planner as my blog planner, along with a few printables & an impressive amount of stickies to organize, and not sure my little blog needs it’s own planner. I had a seperate blog planner in the past, and it actually made things too complicated… so we’ll see.
- My church family, teaching Sunday School, taking over the junior youth fellowship… I love you all. I’m so grateful to have meet everyone, to have learned about you, and to grow with you.
- Hubby & I decided I’m getting a laptop for Christmas, so doing research on that has been so much fun (confusing, but so much fun). I love doing research. Yup, I’m a geek.
- Um. Ummmm. LOL I know, number 10 is BLOGGING!